Based on survey feedback that parents seek more feedback from teachers regarding their child’s progress, we have increased opportunities for all families to meet with teachers. We increased from two-parent and teacher conferences the last two years to six parent and teacher conferences this school year. Next week will mark the first conferences for the school year. Please select one of the two days to attend conferences or split up your visits over both days.
What you can expect:
● Wednesday, October 5, from 3:15-5:15 PM
○ Some parents may be invited by a school counselor for a student staffing.
○ Unless a teacher is scheduled for a student staffing, all teachers will be in their classrooms for meet and greets as well as brief updates to your child’s progress in class. Teachers are asked to keep individual meetings to five minutes or less.
○ Students and families are highly encouraged to attend conferences.
○ Information regarding stakeholder feedback from surveys and district goals for continuous improvement will be presented by the administration in the Atrium
○ Creating an Open House atmosphere so that families can explore their child’s current content areas of study as well as potential future areas of study. Check out our multiple technology, agricultural, and culinary labs, the fine arts rooms and PAC, core and elective classrooms.
● Friday, October 7, from 7:30-9:30 AM
○ Follows the same format as Wednesday’s conferences.
Doors #1, #5, #19, #29, and #38 will be open for people to enter the building in both the evening and the morning. Your child can escort you through the building to find individual classroom teachers. If your child does not attend with you, please use the attached list to find a teacher’s classroom. Stop in the classrooms to meet the teacher and hold an informal conversation. You are welcome to establish further communications if not enough conversation time is available during conferences. If the teacher is attending a staffing, advance to another teacher and return at a later time. Stop in the atrium before leaving to learn about how Waterford Union is preparing students for college or a career and life.
Future Conference Dates:
● Wednesday, December 7, from 3:15-5:15 PM
● Wednesday, February 22, from 3:15-5:15 PM
● Monday, April 10, from 7:30-9:30 AM
● Wednesday, April 19, from 3:15-5:15 PM
We look forward to seeing you and showcasing what Waterford Union has to offer. See you next week!