Work Permits

Work Permits can be obtained at the Waterford Union High School main office. To obtain a work permit, you must bring the following items:

1. Letter from the employer expressing the intent to hire (should include the company name, address and phone number, as well as duties the minor will be performing and hours)

2. Written permission to work from the minor’s parent/guardian

3. Proof of minor’s age (Accepted items for proof of age are any one of the following: birth certificate, driver’s license, other state issued ID card, or baptismal certificate)

4. Social Security Card

5. $10.00 permit fee (will be reimbursed to the minor by employer on first paycheck)

If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Sutherland ( or Mrs. Alexander (